TERMS USED IN ANIMAL IMPROVEMENT
- Definition of Animal Improvement
- Terms Used in Animal Improvement
Definition of Animal Improvement
Animal improvement is defined as the process whereby inherited superior traits are transferred from one animal to the other of the same species. Certain characteristics such as good feeding conversion, growth rate, meat quality, high milk yield, good body form, etc. are major considerations in animal improvement.
Genetic Terms used in Animal Improvement
It is a population of animals with the same gene composition exhibiting the same characters or traits
These are heritable attributes which the animal breeders select e.g. color, size, animal height, etc.
It is a structural unit of the nucleus which carries the gene in a linear order.
It is one of the two thread-like structures formed by the longitudinal division of chromosome during meiotic division.
They are hereditary unit of inheritance responsible for transmission of traits from parent to the offspring.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame