NATIONAL VALUES: DISCIPLINE
Benefits of Disciplined Behaviour
The benefits of disciplined behaviour include the following:
- Discipline brings about peace in the society: Peace and orderliness prevail in the society where rules and regulations are obeyed by the citizens
- It fosters unity among people: It makes people to work together in unity of purpose.
- It promotes economic and political development: When political officeholders and civil servants are financially disciplined, government funds would be used to develop projects rather than being mismanaged or embezzled.
- It reduces the rate of crimes and negative behaviours in the society: Disciplined people will avoid every form of immoral and criminal acts like prostitution, drugs addictiongambling, cultism etc.
- Other benefits of disciplined behaviours include; security of lives and properties, attraction of foreign investments, healthy and clean environment, jobs creations, respect in the society, National honours etc.
Consequences of Indiscipline on the Individual and the Society
The following are the consequences of indiscipline on the individual and the society.
You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson. Subscribing to the subject will give you access to the following:
- NEW: Download the entire term's content in MS Word document format (1-year plan only)
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory examination questions
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning