BOOK KEEPING AND ACCOUNTING
- Meaning of Book Keeping
- Meaning of Accounting
- History of Accounting in Nigeria
- Definition of Accountant
- Roles of an Accountant
- Types of Accountants
- Accounting as a Profession
Meaning of Book Keeping
Book-keeping from time immemorial has been defined as a science of recording business transactions in a systematic manner so as to exact financial position of the business that can be easily ascertained at any time.
Book-keeping may be defined as the art of recording business transactions in a systematic manner so that the books of account will reveal at any time the financial position of the business to the owner and other stakeholders in the business.
Meaning of Accounting
Accounting is the process of obtaining, recording, classifying, summarizing, reporting, interpreting and presenting financial information in a manner that will facilitate informed decision by the users of accounting information.
Boateng, (1884) defines accounting as ”the process of identifying, measuring, and communicating economic and financial information to permit informed judgment and decision by the users of the information”.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame