CALL TO SERVICECONTENT
- Meaning of Service
- Examples of People who Served in the Bible (i) Joseph is Sold to Egypt (Gen. 37 :12-36) (ii) Joseph Served in Egypt. (Gen.41: 37-57) (iii) Ruth Serves her Mother-in-law (Ruth 1: 7-18)
Meaning of ServiceService is doing some work which one is called upon to perform or one volunteers to do. In service, one is expected to do the work with all his or her heart, mind and strength. When this happens, one is said to have rendered faithful, loyal and accountable service.
Examples of People who Served in the Bible:
(i) Joseph is Sold to Egypt (Gen. 37:12-36)Joseph served his father faithfully. At the age of seventeen, he was shepherding the flock with his brothers. On one occasion, his father sent him to go and give food to his brothers on the field. On getting there, he couldn’t find them at Shechem where they were, he went further to Dothan where he found them. His brothers caught him and sold him to some Ishmaelite traders for twenty shekels of silver. The traders took Joseph to Egypt where they sold him as a slave.
You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson. Subscribing to the subject will give you access to the following:
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame