CLASSIFICATIONS OF AFRICAN MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
African musical instruments are classified into four groups namely; idiophones, chordophones, aerophones and membranophones.
Idio means (self), phone means (sound). These are self-sounding instruments. They produce sound by the vibration of their body. They can be beaten, struck or shaken. Examples are metal gongs, rattles, clappers, pot drums, thumb piano, bells, slit wooden drums, etc.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame