CONSUMER RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Universal Rights of a Consumer
- Responsibilities of a Consumer
Universal Rights of a Consumer
In any society, there are rights that consumers should enjoy. As a consumer, there are legal rights when purchase of any commodity and service is done.
The following are the rights a consumer:
- Right to safety and protection from hazardous goods and services. The consumermust not be exposed to any danger when buying goods or services.
- Right to be informed and protected against fraudulent, deceitful or misleading information.The consumer must have access to information on the good he or she intends to buy.
- Right to choose and have access to variety of products and services at fair competitive prices.
- Right to be heard and to express and represent consumer interest in making economic decisions.
- Right to seek redress and to be compensated for misrepresentation, shoddy goods and services. The consumer has the right under the law to be compensated for buying defective goods.
- Right to consumer education, to be skilled and be informed.
You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson. Subscribing to the subject will give you access to the following:
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame