ELECTION AND VOTERS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meaning of Election
- Basic Qualifications For Election
- Responsibilities of a Voter
Meaning of Election
Election is the process of choosing or selecting leaders through voting to represent the people in various government offices.
Basic Qualifications For Election
- The person must be up to 18 years of age or older.
- The person must be a Nigeria citizen either by birth, naturalization, or registration.
- The person must be sane i.e who is not mentally derailed.
- He must be residing in the country for a period of time.
- He must be a registered voter before the actual election takes place.
- Such a voter participating in an election must never have been convicted for a criminal offence.
- The voter must also be paying his tax when due.
- Such a person must be loyal to the country and be law abiding, etc.
Responsibilities of a Voter
- He must come out and register before the actual election takes place.
You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson. Subscribing to the subject will give you access to the following:
- NEW: Download the entire term's content in MS Word document format (1-year plan only)
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory examination questions
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning