FACTORS THAT PROTECT HUMAN RIGHTS; FACTORS THAT LIMIT HUMAN RIGHTS
- Factors that Protect Fundamental Human Rights
- Conditions that Limit the Exercise of Fundamental Human Rights
Factors that Protect Fundamental Human Rights
There are a lot of factor that help in the safeguarding of human rights. They include:
- Independence of the judiciary is a basic condition to protect the rights of citizens so that judges can discharge their duties without fear or favour.
- Constitutional entrenchment of the rights of citizens is another means of safeguarding human rights because if they are clearly stated in the constitution, then they can be cited and referred to from time to time.
- Freedom of the press must be guaranteed. If freedom of the press is in place, then the saying that “the pen is mightier than the sword” can be upheld.
- A democratic environment must be established. This is a fertile ground for the protection and safeguarding of the rights of citizens.
- Stable economic environment and good standard of living will help to safeguard the rights of citizens, because it will afford them citizens the ability to challenge any encroachment on their rights in the courts of law.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame