FIRST AID AND FIRST AID MATERIALS
Definition of First Aid
First aid is the emergency medical treatment given to a victim, who suddenly falls sick or injured before thorough medical treatment is available to him or her. It is also defined as the immediate and temporary treatment given to a victim of an accident or sick person before professional medical care is available.
Current ISO (International Standard Organization) recommends the use of a white cross against a green background (or vice versa) as colours for identifying first aid kits.
Benefits of First Aid
- It prevents loss of life of the injured person
- It improves the vital signs of the patient such as breathing rate, temperature, pulse rate, etc.
- It assists the medical doctor with useful information.
- It immediately stops the worsening of the condition of the injured person
First Aid Box
What is First Aid Box? First aid Box is a box that contains all the materials that are needed for first aid emergency care.
First Aid Box
Types of First Aid Box
- Unit type: This is easily carried about from one place to another
- Cabinet type: This cannot be moved from one place to another because of its size.
You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson. Subscribing to the subject will give you access to the following:
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame