GEOMETRIC CONSTRUCTION: CONSTRUCTION OF A CIRCLE
The Circle and its Parts
A circle is a plane figure bounded by a curved line called the circumference.
Parts of a Circle
The Parts of a Circle
The following are the various parts of a circle:
1. Diameter: The diameter is a straight line drawn through the center of a circle and meeting the circumference at both ends.
2. Radius: The radius is a straight line drawn from the center of a circle to any point on the circumference of the circle. A radius is always half of the circle’s diameter.
3. Segment: This is an area of the circle bounded by an arc and a chord.
4. Chord: The chord is a straight line which joins any two given points on the circumference of a circle.
5. Sector: This is the part of a circle bounded by two radii and an arc.
6. Quadrant: The quadrant is the part of a circle bounded by two radii which are at right angles to each other, and bounded by an arc.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame