- Keyboard – Structure and Functions
- Mouse – Features, Functions and Operations
A Keyboard is an input device which is used to input data into the computer system. Keyboard is an electronic device with several groups of keys electronically linked to the processor when attached to a computer system.
Structure and Function of the Keyboard
The keyboard is structure in such a way that makes typing easy and easily accessible by the fingers. It has different sets of Keys for performing various functions in controlling the computer. In General, there are three types of arrangement of letters on the keyboard, namely:
The standard layout of letters, numbers, and punctuation is known as a QWERTY keyboard because the first six keys on the top row of letters spell QWERTY. The QWERTY keyboard was designed in the 1800s for mechanical typewriters and was actually designed to slow typists down to avoid jamming the keys.
- NEW: Download the entire term's content in MS Word document format (1-year plan only)
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory examination questions
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning