- Definition of Input Devices
- Types of Input Devices
Definition of Input Devices
An input device is any computer hardware equipment used to send data into the main storage of the computer for processing.
It is the part of the computer or any device that is used to invoke a command or instructions into the computer to obey in order to accomplish its task.
Types of Input Devices
(i) Keyboard (ii) Mouse (iii) Scanner (iv) Microphone (v) Joystick (vi) Card readers (vii) Light pen (viii) Digital camera etc.
A keyboard is an input device which is used to input data into the computer system. It remains the most vital interface device between the user and the computer. It is the most common input device for entering data into the computer. It is also an electronic device with several groups of keys electronically linked to the processor when attached to the computer.
There are two main types of keyboard:
- Standard Keyboard
- Enhanced Keyboard
This is a small device moved with the hand to control the movement of the pointer on a computer screen.
- NEW: Download the entire term's content in MS Word document format (1-year plan only)
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory examination questions
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning