INTRODUCTION TO PHYSICS
- Definition of Physics
- The Importance of Physics
- Aspects/Careers in Physics
- Branches of Physics
Definition of Physics
The word ‘’PHYSICS’’ originates from the Greek word, ‘’PHYSIS’’, which means nature and natural characteristics.
Physics as a body of scientific knowledge, deals with the study of events in the universe, both remote and immediate universe.
In actual sense, physics deals with the behaviour of matter as well as the interaction of matter and natural forces.
Physics is the study of matter in relation to energy.
The Importance of Physics
Physics is important for the following reasons:
- Physics is constantly striving to make sense of the universe. This is seen in the development of theories and new theories used for better understanding of the universe.
- When we study physics, we acquire the knowledge and skills to understand how and why natural things happen the way they do, and to make reliable predictions about their future occurrences.
- NEW: Download the entire term's content in MS Word document format (1-year plan only)
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory examination questions
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning