JSS2 ENGLISH STUDIES FIRST TERM WEEK EIGHT
- Speech Work: Morphemes (Word Boundaries – Prefixes)
- Structure: Prepositions and Prepositional Phrases
- Comprehension: Summary Writing
- Composition: Narrative Essay (“A Memorable Day”)
- Literature: Poetry- Structure, Themes and Literary Devices in “The Outcast” by Flourish Amoo and Yinka Akindele
TOPIC: Narrative Essay – “A Memorable Day”
Content: Educator should use contextual or related events as a guide to teaching the topic.
ASPECT: Speech Work
TOPIC: Morphemes – Word Boundaries – Prefixes
Meaning of Affixes
Affixes are small word bits. They are added to the base forms of particular words. There are two main kinds in English: prefixes and suffixes.
Meaning of Prefixes
Prefixes are affixes added to the beginning of the base forms. e.g. un-, dis-, im-, non-, il-, in-, mis-, mal-, over-, sub-, sur-, out-, inter-, trans-, pre-, pro-, post-, ex-, re-, E.g.
- NEW: Download the entire term's content in MS Word document format (1-year plan only)
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory examination questions
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning