LEADERSHIP AND FOLLOWERSHIP
- Meaning of Leadership
- Qualities of a Leader
- The Meaning of Followership
Meaning of Leadership
Leadership is essentially the converse of followership. Leadership is defined as the art of influencing and directing people in such a way that will win their obedience, confidence, respect, and loyal cooperation in achieving a common objective.
A leader is a person who guides and directs other people in order to achieve a given task. Leadership implies the ability to guide or influence people in a proper direction. Leadership is position a leader occupies to lead and guide other people to a desired goal. You cannot be a leader, and ask other people to follow you, unless you know how to follow, too.
This statement implies that leadership position is not exclusive but somebody that is a leader still has somebody ahead that he is following. The leader must also act as a follower towards his or her superiors. There is always a level ordinate to a leader.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame