MANUFACTURING AND CONSTRUCTION IN NIGERIA
- The Manufacturing and Construction Industry
- Roles/Contributions/Significance of the Industrial Sector to Economic Development
- Problems of Manufacturing Industries
- Solutions to Industrial Problems
The Manufacturing and Construction Industry
Manufacturing industry refers to the turning of raw-materials into new products by mechanical or chemical processes at home (cottage) or in the factory. It is concerned with the activities of those who engage in processing and turning raw-materials produced in the primary industry into finished products. Examples are shoe making, food processing, plastic processing and textile processing.
Construction industry is concerned with all the activities of those who engage in assembling of goods into useable form. They convert manufactured products into various uses. Examples are: road construction, building construction, airport construction, bridge construction, furniture construction, etc.
Roles/Contributions/Significance of the Industrial Sector to Economic Development
- Industrial activities help in solving the basic problems of unemployment, inflation, budget deficit and general economic disequilibrium.
- It assists to implement the policies of the government that have been directed towards the improvement of local production.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame