MARKETING OF ANIMAL PRODUCTS
- Definition of Marketing
- Importance of Livestock Marketing
- Stages of Agricultural Marketing
- Common Marketing Channels
- Agents in Livestock Marketing: Producers/Farmers; Wholesalers; Retailers; Middlemen; Co-operative Societies; Marketing Boards
- Marketing Channels for Live Animals and Animal Products: Cattle Marketing; Sheep and Goats Marketing; Marketing of Pigs; Poultry Marketing
- Mode of Transporting Animals and Animal Products
- Problems of Agricultural Marketing
Definition of Marketing
Agricultural marketing involves all the stages of operations which aid the movement of agricultural produce/commodities from the farms to the final consumers. Marketing involves assembling, storing, transporting, processing, grading of goods and financing of all these activities. It also involves the supply of raw materials to processing industries and sales of processed products.
Importance of Livestock Marketing
Livestock marketing is important for the following reasons:
- Marketing ensures availability of seasonal products at off seasons.
- It creates a link between farmers and the final consumers.
- Marketing locates areas of surplus products and relocate the excess products the areas of shortage.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame