S.I. UNIT OF QUANTITIES: LENGTH, MASS VOLUME ETC
S.I. UNITS OF QUANTITIES.
S.I. unit means international system [used to describe units of measurements from French ‘system international’] S.I. units
Relationship between quantities
(a) M i.e molar mass
(b) Molar volume
(c) Avogadro’s constant
TYPES OF MASS AND VOLUME PROBLEMS
There are two types of mass and volume relationship problems namely:
1. Mass- mass problem:
In this type of problem, the reacting mass of substance and its molar mass is usually given and we may be required to determine the mass of another substance produced and its molar mass also given. The reversed form of this is when the mass of another substance product produced is given and one is asked to find the mass of the substance which produced it.
2. Mass- gas volume problem:
In this case, you may be given a certain reacting mass of a reactant and required to find the volume of another substance produced at S.T.P.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame