NATIONAL VALUES: COURAGE
Meaning of Courage
Courage refers to the act of exercising boldness in carrying out a given task in a particular situation. It is a firmness of mind to finish a task in the face of oppositions, obstacles and challenges. A courageous person does and says what he or she thinks is right at all times without fear or timidity.
Types of Courage
- PHYSICAL COURAGE: This is the willingness to use our physical strength or energy to get things done such as lifting an object, fighting, wrestling cutting grasses or cutting down of trees etc
- MORAL COURAGE: This is the ability to do what is right irrespective of pressure to do otherwise such as the ability to challenge any form of injustices in the society
- SPIRITUAL COURAGE: This is the ability or courage to exercise and exhibit one’s spiritual faith in the living God and live according to the tenets of the religion.
Attributes of a Courageous Person
A Courageous person possesses the following attributes.
- NEW: Download the entire term's content in MS Word document format (1-year plan only)
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory examination questions
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning