- The Meaning of Peace
- The Mechanisms for Promoting Peace
The Meaning of Peace
Peace is a state of harmony characterized by the lack of violence, conflict behaviors and the freedom from fear of violence. Commonly understood as the absence of hostility, peace also suggests the existence of healthy or newly healed interpersonal or international relationships, prosperity in matters of social or economic welfare, the establishment of equality, and a working political order that serves the true interests of all.
The Mechanisms for Promoting Peace
The following are the ways peace can be promoted in our society.
- Tolerance: People must learn to bear with others in their shortcomings. This is to say that they must learn to understand their behaviours, needs or customs and try to keep calm when they are provoked or annoyed; refused to be drawn into any fight, disorder or conflict, just to ensure peace.
- Social justice: Irrespective of one’s ethnic group, social or economic background; in meting out justice, there must be equity.
- NEW: Download the entire term's content in MS Word document format (1-year plan only)
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory examination questions
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning