PROCEDURE FOR VOTING; IMPORTANCE OF ELECTION
- Procedure For Voting
- Importance Of Election
Procedure For Voting
The procedure for voting are as follows:
- The first step is to register all eligible voters before the actual election and also revise those registers.
- Next is to fix the date of the election.
- Appointment of ad-hoc staff to be used by the electoral commission. Those officers must be well trained.
- Posting of these electoral officers to the different locations where they will serve.
- Pasting of posters of the Electoral Commission at the various places for enlightenment purposes.
- Distribution of electoral materials to the various stations.
- The actual voting will commence at the various stations.
- The final thing is the counting of vote and declaration of election results by the returning officer.
Voting and Counting of Votes
Importance Of Election
The importance of election in the political life of a nation cannot be overemphasized.
You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson. Subscribing to the subject will give you access to the following:
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame