- Meaning of Service Industries
- Types of Service Occupations
- Roles or Contributions of the Service Industry to Economic Development
Meaning of Service Industries
The service industries involve the provision of services to business as well as to final consumers. It can also be called tertiary sector of industry. Services involved doing something for the consumers, which could be personal or indirect services. Service industries are: tourism, transport, banking, insurance, warehousing, and advertisement.
Types of Service Occupations
Service industry can be divided into direct and indirect service.
1. Direct Service
This includes personal services rendered for direct consumption and are paid for directly by those who enjoy the service. Those who engage in this form of services are: housemaids, stewards, entertainers, barbers, family doctors, lawyers in private practice, etc.
2. Indirect Service
Indirect service includes services rendered to the general public but they are not paid for by the members of the public directly. The government will pay from taxes and levies paid by the public.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame