SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS (STIs): GONORRHEA AND SYPHILIS
- Meaning of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Types of Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Infections
- Signs of Sexually Transmitted Infections
Meaning of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) or sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are diseases spread from one person to another through sexual contact. They are sometimes called venereal diseases.
Types of Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Infections
There are many types of sexually transmitted diseases/infections.
- Genital warts
- Genital herpes
- Hepatitis B
- Chlamydia etc.
Signs of Sexually Transmitted Infections
This disease is caused by the bacterium called Neisseria gonorrhea. It is spread from an infected person through sexual intercourse.
Symptoms (Signs) of Gonorrhea
Male Infected Person
(i) There is frequent and very painful urination.
(ii) Yellowish discharge from penis
(iii) Waist pain
- Loss of appetite which leads to loss of weight.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame