SIMPLE METAL WORK TOOLS AND CUTTING
- Simple Metal Work Tools and Cutting.
- Care and Maintenance of Metal Work Machines.
TOOLS AND CUTTING
Different kinds of metal cutting tools can be used to cut out different shapes. These include:
- Set snips
- Bench shear
Each tool is selected on the basis of two factors the thickness of the metal to be cut and the shape to be cut.
FILES AND FILING
Filing operation on metal is the process of removing excess metal on a metal. There are different types of files used in metal work. When using files, it is necessary to know how to safely handle them.
- Never use a file without handle
- Never use a file on a welded joint
- Never use a file on steel, but slightly on the bench vice before filling
- Clean always the files.
Types of Files
- Flat file
- Hand file
- Warding file
- Square file
- Triangular file
- Round file etc.
You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson. Subscribing to the subject will give you access to the following:
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame