SS1 ENGLISH LANGUAGE THIRD TERM WEEK FOUR
- Speech Work: Vowel Sounds /ai/ and /ͻi/
- Comprehension: Hidden Secret
- Vocabulary Development (Words Associated with Air Transportation)
- Structure: Relative Clauses
- Writing Skills: Letter Writing – More on Formal Letters (Conventions)
ASPECT: Speech Work
TOPIC: Vowels /ai/ and /ͻi/
Description of Vowel /ai/
This is a closing diphthong with glide movements of the tongue from /a/ sound to /i/ sound. The phonetic symbol of the sound represents the sound of the following underline letter(s) in their respective words/expressions.
Phonetic Symbols of /ai/
ae as in curriculum vitae, etc.
ai as in aisle
ei as in eiderdown, either, eire, etc.
eigh as in sleigh, sleight, height, etc.
eye as in eye, eyes, etc.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame