- Meaning of Mass Media
- Types of Mass Media
- Roles of the Mass Media
- Impact of the Mass Media
- Activities of the Press as Watchdog of Government
Meaning of Mass Media
Mass media can be defined as the media used for addressing or communicating with the masses. It is anything that serves as the source for communicating to and among a large audience at the same time.
Mass media consists of the various means by which information reaches large number of people, such as television, radio, movies, newspapers and the internet.
Types of Mass Media
1. Publishing media (books, newspapers, magazines etc): These types of media are the oldest form of mass media. The first book in the world was believed to be printed in 863AD in China.
2. Broadcasting – Radio and television: The first commercial broadcast in the United State began in the 1920s. The first television broadcast for a mass audience began in 1936 in Germany and UK.
- NEW: Download the entire term's content in MS Word document format (1-year plan only)
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory examination questions
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning