THE UNITED NATIONS EDUCATIONAL, SCIENTIFIC AND CULTURAL ORGANIZATION (UNESCO)
- Aims and Objectives of the UNESCO
- Achievements of the UNESCO
Aims and Objectives of the UNESCO
- To contribute to peace and security by promoting international collaboration through education, science, and culture in order to further universal respect for justice.
- UNESCO’s aim is “to contribute to the building of peace, the eradication of poverty, sustainable development and intercultural dialogue through education, the sciences, culture, communication and information.
- Attaining quality education for all and lifelong learning, addressing emerging social and ethical challenges.
- Fostering cultural diversity, a culture of peace and building inclusive knowledge societies through information and communication”
Achievements of the UNESCO
- UNESCO promotes co-operation in the field of science, education and culture among members of the UN.
- It advocates equal rights especially concerning educational opportunities.
- It carries out exchange programmes in research and education.
- State five (5) aims and objectives of the UNESCO.
You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson. Subscribing to the subject will give you access to the following:
- NEW: Download the entire term's content in MS Word document format (1-year plan only)
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory examination questions
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning