Uses of Wood
Wood is used in the following areas:
- Furniture making for homes and offices – woods are used to make beds, tables, chairs, cabinets and other pieces of furniture in homes
- Building construction – wood is used to construct windows, doors, door frames and window frames. We also use wood for the ceiling and roofing of houses, wall paneling, and industrial and offices purposes.
- Industrial Building – many industries are made of wood or have wooden parts.
- Construction of Joints – many joints are made of wood. A good example is the staircases in our homes
- Packaging – crates, pallets, packaging cases etc.
- Transport industry – the bodies of some Railway wagons, coaches, lorry and sleepers are made of wood.
- Bridges and Poles – Most farm bridges and bridges across the roads in villages are made of wood. Also, some electric poles and railway.
- Pulp and Paper – Exercise books, textbooks, newspapers, magazines are made from pulp and paper derived from wood.
You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson. Subscribing to the subject will give you access to the following:
- NEW: Download the entire term's content in MS Word document format (1-year plan only)
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory examination questions
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning