- Common Woodwork Joints.
- Uses of Non-wood Materials.
- Care and Maintenance of Woodwork Machines.
Common Woodwork Joints
Uses of Butt Joint
- Window frame construction
- Roof construction
- For cabinet making
TEE BRIDLE JOINT
Uses of Bridle Joint
- For bracing
- It is used at king post and assembling of the beam
Other wood work joints are:
- Halving joint
- Dovetail joint
- Tongue and groove
- Mortise and tenon
- Housing joint
- Dowelled joint.
Classification of Joints
- Framing joint: Framing joints are used in the construction of frame.
- Widening joints: These involves joining mainly planks, edges to edges to produce a wider board.
- Angle joint: Also called box joint and is used in the formation of angles in wood construction.
Uses of Table
- Used for reading purpose.
You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson. Subscribing to the subject will give you access to the following:
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame