- The author’s biography and the background study of the text.
- The plot of the text.
- Subject matter
- The setting of the text
The Author’s Biography
Amma Darko is a Ghanaian. She was born in Koforidua, Ghana and grew up in Accra, the capital of Ghana. She had her education in Kumasi where she received her diploma in 1980. Her name ‘Amma’ means Saturday because she was born on Saturday. She worked for the Technology Consultancy Centre. Her first novel was published in a German translation in 1991 and was published in its English original in the Heinemann African Writers Series in 1995 as Beyond the Horizon. In between Beyond the Horizon and Faceless, there is The Housemaid, also published in both German Translation and in the Heinemann African Writers Series in 1998. Her books are on the fate of the deprived in the society and the male warped world.
The Background Study of the Text
In Ghana, the male world is twisted and out of place. They do not follow what is known to be a ‘man’s world’.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame