MEASUREMENT AND CHEMICAL FORMULAE
- Meaning of Measurement
- Instruments for Measurement
- Chemical Formulae
Meaning of Measurement
This is the processes of measuring size, weight, length or capacity of objects or substances. Use your ruler to measure the length of your note book.
Instruments for Measurement
In the olden days our fore fathers were using hands, feet, cock crow rope etc. to measure but today there are different instruments for measurement, which depends on the parameter to be measured. The unit attached to every parameter is called S.I unit (international system unit).
Measurement of Length: the S.I unit of length is meter (m). Instrument for measuring length include ruler, tape, Vernier calipers and micrometer screw gauge used to measure diameter of objects like wire.
Measurement of Mass: The S.I unit of mass is kilogramme (kg). Mass is the quantity of matter which an object contains. The instruments for measuring mass are beam balances.
Measurement of Time: The S.I unit of time is second(s).
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame