OBJECTIVES: At the end of the lesson, students should be able to:
- give the meaning of Transportation.
- State and describe the three main class of transportation i.e. Transport by land, water and air.
- state at least four advantages and disadvantages of each class of transportation.
- mention five roles of transportation in the economic development in the world.
- state and explain five problems of world transportation and mention five ways of enhancing transport development in Tropical Africa.
ECONOMIC AND HUMAN GEOGRAPHY: WORLD TRANSPORTATION.
DEFINITION: Transportation is defined as the movement of people, goods and commodities from one place to another either by land, water or air.
In other words, transportation is the movement of people, goods and services from one place to the other.
Types of Transportation
The types of transportation are grouped into three main classes. These are:
- Transportation by land.
- Transportation by water.
- Transportation by air.
Land transportation is the movement of people and goods from one place to another on land.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame