TOWN/VILLAGE: PHYSICAL AND CULTURAL FEATURES
- Meaning of Local Geography
- The Village
- The Town
- Physical and Cultural Features of a Town/Village
- Direction and Location of Physical and Cultural Features within the Town/Village
- Influences of Physical Features on Human Activities
Meaning of Local Geography
Local Geography has to do with the study of both physical and socio-cultural aspects of our immediate environment (i.e. our society). The locality include the Village, Town, Local Government Area and the State.
Meaning of Village
A village is a small nucleated rural settlement formed from the combination of several hamlets, contains several hundred or a thousand of people with limited services and social amenities.
Characteristics of a Village
A village is characterized by the following:
- Relatively small area of land.
- Homogenous people i.e. people that know one another very well.
- People with the same cultural background and language.
- A simple and quiet life style.
- Few buildings and population ranging from one family to few hundreds of people.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame