STATES AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS
- State Geography
- Local Government Headquarters
- Locational Relationship
- Physical Characteristics of Local Government
- Economic Activities in Local Governments
Meaning of State
A state is made up of a number of local government areas. The number of local government areas varies from one state to another depending on the size of the state. Nigeria at present has thirty-six (36) states and the federal capital territory (FCT), Abuja. Below is the Nigerian map showing the 36 states and FCT.
Map of Nigeria Showing the 36 States and FCT
Local Government Headquarters
A local government area is formed by the combination of several towns and villages with similar physical and cultural features. Local government areas serve as third tier or level of government in Nigeria. There are 774 local government areas in Nigeria. Each of them has its administrative headquarters.
Students should try with the help of teacher to name the local government areas in their state, their headquarters and their locational relationship.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame