JSS2 Basic Technology Scheme of Work for Third Term
Revision of last term's work
- Revision of work done in the previous term
- (a) Examples of Belt Drives
- (b) Application of Belt and Chain Drives
- (c) Advantages and Disadvantages of Belt and Chain Drives
- (a) Definition and Types of Air Flow
- (b) Examples of Hydraulic and Pneumatic Drives
- (c) Components of the Machines
- (d) Operation and Uses of Hydraulic and Pneumatic (e) Advantages of Pneumatics and Hydraulic Devices
(a) Types of Gear – Internal Gear, External Gear and Level Gear
(b) Uses of Gears – For power transmission, changing of direction, selecting speed, etc.
(c) Gear Ratio and Speed Rotation
(d) Function of Lubricants in Gears
- (a) Wood:
(i) Timber Growth, Felling, Conversion and Seasoning
(ii) Properties of Good Timber Preservatives
(iii) Common Timber Defects – Twist, bowing, cupping, etc.
(iv) Methods of Cutting Veneers, etc.
- (a) Wood:
(v) Types of Manufactured Boards – Plywood, chip board, block board, etc.
(vi) Timber – Treatment and Timber Preservation Methods
(vii) Importance of Timber Treatment
- (b) Metals:
(i) Production of Metals – Smelting, Casting, etc.
(ii) Carbon Properties of Steels
(iii) Types of Metal
(iv) Metal Alloys
- (c) Clay, Ceramics and Glass:
(i) Methods of Making Clay
(ii) Stages in Producing Ceramics and Glass Materials – Shaping, Blowing, Firing, etc.
- (d) Plastics and Rubber: (i) Methods of Production of Plastics – Injection Molding, Calendaring, etc. (ii) Methods of Producing Rubber Materials – Natural and Synthetic (iii) Examples of Plastics and Rubber Products (iv) Advantages and Disadvantages of the Different Processing Methods (v) Uses of Plastic and Rubber
Revision of work done in third term
You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson. Subscribing to the subject will give you access to the following:
- NEW: Download the entire term's content in MS Word document format (1-year plan only)
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory examination questions
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning