NATIONAL VALUES – CONTENTMENT
Meaning of Contentment
Contentment simply refers to a state of being happy and satisfied with whatever an individual has now, while he or she works and hopes towards a better future. A contented person will not envy another person. He or she is self-satisfied with his or her possession.
Attributes of Contentment
- SATISFACTION: This is the feeling or state of being pleased with what an individual has achieved in line with his or her expectations. A man of contentment will be satisfied with whatever he has.
- LACK OF ENVY: The feeling of envy is absent in the mind of a person who is contended. A man contended will never envy other peoples’ achievements, possessions and successes, rather he is satisfied with what he has.
- ABHOR GREED: A Contended person has no business with strong desire to amass or acquire wealth in a dubious and corruption manner.
- HUMILITY: This is the state of meekness and lowliness of minds. A contented person is neither boastful nor arrogant, rather, tolerant, lovely and friendly.
You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson. Subscribing to the subject will give you access to the following:
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame