NATIONAL VALUES – CONTENTMENT
Meaning of Contentment
Contentment simply refers to a state of being happy and satisfied with whatever an individual has now, while he or she works and hopes towards a better future. A contented person will not envy another person. He or she is self-satisfied with his or her possession.
Attributes of Contentment
- SATISFACTION: This is the feeling or state of being pleased with what an individual has achieved in line with his or her expectations. A man of contentment will be satisfied with whatever he has.
- LACK OF ENVY: The feeling of envy is absent in the mind of a person who is contended. A man contended will never envy other peoples’ achievements, possessions and successes, rather he is satisfied with what he has.
- ABHOR GREED: A Contended person has no business with strong desire to amass or acquire wealth in a dubious and corruption manner.
- HUMILITY: This is the state of meekness and lowliness of minds. A contented person is neither boastful nor arrogant, rather, tolerant, lovely and friendly.
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory exams
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning
- Win great prizes for topping the Hall of Fame