JSS2 Civic Education Scheme of Work for First Term
- Revision of work done in JSS1
- (a) Meaning of Contentment
- (b) Attributes of Contentment – Satisfaction with what one has, lack of envy of others, abhorrence of greed and corruption, humility, etc.
- (c) Effects of Lack of Contentment on Society – Corruption, greed, envy, theft, prostitution, robbery and cheating, etc.
- (a) Meaning of Discipline
- (b) Attributes of a Disciplined Person – Self control, moderation, modesty, respect for legitimate authority, respect for rules and regulations, perseverance, dedication, etc.
- (a) Meaning of Courage, e.g. Exercise of boldness in carrying out positive activities in the community
- (b) Types of Courage –
(i) Physical courage
(ii) Moral courage
(iii) Spiritual Courage
- (c) Attributes of Courageous Persons –
(vii) Bravery, etc.
- (a) Meaning of Federation
- (b) Need for Federation –
(i) Mational integration
(ii) Unity in Diversity
(iii) Controlling the activities of state
- (c) Characteristics of a Federation –
(i) Sharing of powers between central and state government
(ii) States have constitutional control over their own affairs
(iii) The central government controls the State
(iv) The constitution of a federal system is supreme
- (a) Relationship between the Federal, State and Local Government –
(i) Perform functions according to constitutional provisions
(ii) Power to Legislate over matters spelt out in legislative lists
(iii) Power to carry out functions in accordance with constitutional provisions
(iv) Provide form of governance, etc.
- (b) Differences among the Three Tiers of Government –
(ii) Legislative powers
(iii) Executive powers
(iv) Exclusive, concurrent and residual powers, etc.
Revision of work done in First Term
You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson. Subscribing to the subject will give you access to the following:
- NEW: Download the entire term's content in MS Word document format (1-year plan only)
- The complete lesson note and evaluation questions for this topic
- The complete lessons for the subject and class (First Term, Second Term & Third Term)
- Media-rich, interactive and gamified content
- End-of-lesson objective questions with detailed explanations to force mastery of content
- Simulated termly preparatory examination questions
- Discussion boards on all lessons and subjects
- Guaranteed learning